A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority or control within the Internet. (Wikipedia).
One of the important factors is the domain/business name that defines your identity. The potential customer sees the business name before anything else. Positive responses to your domain contribute to your online success. Certain things should be kept in mind while purchasing a domain name for your business.
6 things to keep in mind before buying Domain
- Keep it Short and a Simple – Best way to avoid complication and confusion between your competitor is by keeping your domain name short which can easily remember and written. It’s better to use common words rather than obscure acronyms.
- Take advice from an expert – Before buying domain it is very and most important things are to take a piece of advice from experts. There are various tools which can suggest you good domain name for your business.
- Don’t use Number of Digits – Avoid using numbers or digits in your Domain. As different numbers can’t be remembering quickly it will be difficult for the user to type them.
- Choosing the Right Extension -.Com extension is used commonly around. It is highly recommended to use .com extension. But depending on your business you need to choose the correct extension.
- Choose Company Name and Brand Names – Whenever possible register your company name is a domain. A company name is unique one can easily remember and search them on the internet. Always give 1st preference to your company name.
- SSL Certification – SSL is necessary to secure any website that transmits personal information. SLL Certified domain is necessary for businesses which mainly have a transaction. SSL providers will also give you a trust seal that instills more trust in your customers.
The domain is an important aspect of branding when it comes to online business. Need some help registering your domain and setting up a brand new website?